About Friendship Baptist Church
Located northeast of Altus in the Friendship community, Friendship Baptist Church is a small congregation with a big heart.
Friendship was founded in 1899 and first met at the Clabber Flat schoolhouse about a mile and a half from its current location. In 1908, Friendship Baptist Church built its first church (pictured above) in the nearby town of Alfalfa. The town of Alfalfa was soon renamed Friendship after the church. In 1972, Friendship Baptist Church constructed the building it sits in today.
What We Believe
Friendship Baptist Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention. Learn more about the beliefs of the Southern Baptist Convention by visiting their Basic Beliefs statement here: http://www.sbc.net/aboutus/basicbeliefs.asp